In order to root your Samsung S6102, follow the steps below. Please note that we will not be held responsible if anything happens to your phone ;)
NOTE: Download the files at the bottom of this article before proceeding.
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode on yourGalaxy Y Duos. Follow the path to enable it:
Settings> Applications> Development> USB Debugging.
- Now, check the USB Debugging option.
Before starting please backup all your data
- Copy the downloaded file into your SD card.
- Turn off phone. Press & hold (“Power + Volume Up + Home”) keys & only let go of it when the Samsung Galaxy Y Duos logo appears.
Now you enter recovery mode.
- Select the file “update.zip” from SD card. ( for scrolling use volume up and down keys. For selecting use home button)
- Confirm your selection by saying ‘Yes’ to the process.
Note: This may take few minutes to finish the process.
Now, you have successfully rooted your Samsung Galaxy Y Duos.
Congrats for rooting Y Duos!!
Note: If you have any problems after rooting like – no sound from speaker. SD card not recognized etc, you need to unroot before going to seller in order to claim warranty.
After rooting the device , if you feel the need to unroot in future, the following procedures will
- Download Unroot file given below.
- Uninstall all the Rooted apps
- Do the same procedure as did before but this time instead of “update.zip” select “unroot.zip”
There your Y Duos is Unrooted Successfully!!!
Rooting can void warranty. Please be careful while executing these procedures.