Lenovo has launched a new smartphone, ‘Lemon 3’, in China. This new smart phone is dubbed the Redmi 3 antidote by AndroidNigeria, because of its similarities in specification, time of release and price.
If you have been abreast with android phone news, here on AndroidNigeria, then you must have read the about the release of Xiaomi’s Redmi 3 (read about it). The Redmi 3, simply takes what to expect from mid-end phones to a new level, it comes with stellar hardware for just $105 (about 21,200). On the other hand, Lenovo’s “lemon 3”, besides having a better screen resolution and a lower battery capacity, has similar features with the Redmi 3.
Quick fact sheet of the Lemon 3
- 5-inch 1080p (1920 x 1080) HD display
- Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 616 processor
- 2GB RAM
- 16GB storage with microSD card slot (supports up to 128GB)
- 2750mAh battery with 5V/2A fast charging
- The power / lock and volume rocker physical buttons are placed on the right-hand side of this device
- phone measures 142 x 71 x 7.9mm.
- 13-megapixel basck camera – 5-megapixel front camera
- Dual SIM (second slot doubles as microSD card slot)
- LTE support
- Metal Body
From the above specs, its obvious that Lenovo Lemon 3, was definitely released to counter the Redmi 3. It now up-to Chinese mobile consumers to choose between a long lasting battery( Redmi 3) and higher screen resolution (Lemon3), which can be forgone or preferable. Well, I hope we see such competition in the Nigerian market, it will be good for Android users
There is no information as to when or if the companies will be shipping these products outside China, but it might be possible to get the device on Alibaba, if its listed on the e-commerce site.
Be sure to follow us on Facebook, for more info on latest happenings in the Android world.