Owner’s of Tecno Camon C8, will be pleased with the announcement of the post. Tecno has announced in the there Tecno forum that Marshmallow updates are now available for the Camon C8. A pleasant surprise I must, considering the fact that Tecno has been culpable for not providing much needed Operating System update for their devices. Well, all that seems about to change, that’s if Tecno continues the good work with other devices old and recent.
Like we pointed out before, Tecno is obviously having a paradigm shift. They are consolidating their gains each year by releasing better devices and providing after sales service.
That said, if you own the Tecno Camon C8, head over to the Tecno forum (Note: as at the time of reporting this news, the download link for the update is inactive. We will update, if this changes) to download the upload. Ensure you have a strong network connection and at least one gigabyte of data, because the file is 800MB large.
HOW TO UPGRADE YOUR C8 TO MARSHMALLOW USING SD Card METHOD
DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE THAT MAY OCCUR TO YOUR PHONE. PLEASE PROCEED WITH CAUTION
1. Download the Tcard_update_20160415 from HERE
NOTE: THE DOWNLOAD IS OVER 800MB, PLEASE HAVE FAST INTERNET AND PATIENCE
2. Place Tcard_update_20160415 on your SD Card (DO NOT PUT IN INSIDE ANY FOLDER)
3. Switch off your Camon C8
4. Hold Power Button + Volume Up
When the startup logo appears release the Power Button ONLY
You will see the android logo appear as shown below
Now release the Volume Up button
Click image for larger version Name: 1.png Views: 2 Size: 43.6 KB ID: 237
5. Again, hold the Power Button for 2 seconds and then press Volume Up button
WITHOUT RELEASING THE POWER BUTTON.
You will see the interface below:
Click image for larger version Name: 2.png Views: 1 Size: 24.3 KB ID: 905
6. Use Volume Down to navigate to Apply update from sdcard then press the Power Button to select
7. You will enter a new interface as shown below.
Use the Volume Down to navigate to Tcard_update_20160415 then select it with the Power Button
8. The installation will begin and when it is done you will see the interfcae below. Select Reboot system now
Click image for larger version Name: 4.png Views: 2 Size: 31.8 KB ID: 242
9. The phone will reboot. This could take long, maybe upto 5 minutes.
After the boot is done, you should have HiOS and Marshmallow 6.0 on your C8.