Towelroot is another cool one-click rooting tools for new smartphones which is developed by Geohot for rooting Android smartphones including Samsung Galaxy S5
and many other recent Android mobile devices.
Towelroot apk has successfully rooted Verizon Galaxy S5, AT&T Galaxy S5, Nexus 5, Galaxy S4, Note 3, Some Xperia like Xperia Z, Xperia T, Xperia E1, Xperia SP and lots of latest Android mobile devices. LG mobile phone can be rooted with combination of modstrings but the current version seems not to be compatible with HTC. According to the developer, it works on any device running firmwares 4.4.2 or earlier.
Must Read: Android rooting 101
How to Root Samsung Galaxy S5 and other 4.4 KitKat Smartphones with Towelroot apk v3.0
It’s a one-click root app so it’s very simple like that of frameroot and kingroot. Just follow the steps below:
1. Click to Download Towelroot apk
2. Go to Settings > Security > and tick Unknown Sources to allow install third-party apps
3. Transfer the towelroot apk to the Samsung Galaxy S5 via USB cable if you downloaded it from PC.
4. Run towelroot.apk file
5. Click install and wait while installation completes.
6. Run the installed Towelroot.
7. Click on “Make it ra1n” and wait for some minutes.
Your device will reboot at the end of process and your Galaxy S5 is successfully towelrooted….
Must Read: Frameroot APK rooting method
– Rooting any other Android smartphone will be the same process as long as you are not using modstring method of rooting.
– Towelroot is compatible with Android Kitkat (4.4) and Any Android device running KitKat.
– Some Antivirus detects Andr.Exploit.Rat OR HACKTOOL.TowRoot.a as a virus. It cannot be fixed. Just ignore it.
– Towelroot does not actually install SuperSU like other rooting apps, so download and install SuperSU from the Play Store after you’ve ran Towelroot and it has rebooted.